My First Ultimate Disc


My first ever ultimate disc. It's called 'mydisc' and is made locally by (Global Sports Partners). =D I emailed GSP and wanted to browse through a collection at their office but they weren't open today. So, they told me some discs were available at Perry's Kedai Runcit in USJ4. So i promptly drove my car out to the shop. As I looked around in the shop. I could only see 1 disc. And it's pink in colour. So I was like:

Me:" Excuse me. Is this the only disc left?"
Shopkeeper:"Do you see any other disc around here?"

I got my answer. Haha. So I bought it la no choice. Then I went to a small field behind my house to practice some throws. After a few throws I found that I could throw a decent forehand flick now wheee! Tried to throw a hammer as well but didn't turn out so well. :P Ok lah still beginner ma.



First day of ownership and already some scratches on my disc. Haha. The field had some rocky patches and some of my throws landed there. Sigh. Oh well.




BTW, for those of you who don't know what ultimate is, here's a brief explanation.

"Ultimate is a fast-paced, non-contact sport played by both women and men of all ages. The object is to score points by throwing the disc to your teammates until one of them catches it in the opponent’s endzone. The playing area is like a football pitch except the scoring is done in endzones (like American football) instead of goals. The Defense is doing all it can to keep the Offense from catching the disc. Any time a throw is not caught inbounds, whether it goes out of bounds, hits the ground, is knocked down, or is intercepted a change of possession takes place (called a “turnover”). A player cannot run with the disc. All progress must be made in the air."
(Taken from www.ultimatemalaysia.com )

And here's a vid containing highlights from ultimate tournaments so you can see what this sport is all about. =)

0 thoughts:

My Instagram