I'm Giving Up

Giving up my life to the One who first gave it to me. You see, life becomes really hard at some point, especially when you're searching for the meaning of your existence, your purpose in life. Do you live for your A's? Do you live for that promotion you long for? Do you live for that special person you're hoping to find? Even as Christians, are your living to be the best most accurate prophet? The one who does the most good works? The one who sacrifices his time for others so he can be hailed as a great friend, a hero?


The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3:


"1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."


According to the passage, any good work, sacrifice, knowledge, wisdom is pointless without love. Are you hoping to be humanitarian of the year? Or are you really just sharing God's love? There's a fine line.

At some point, you'll find that happiness can be fake, love can be a charade, fun temporary, health plays tricks on you and wealth becomes something you despise. Human nature causes this. Selfishness, self-righteousness pride, deceit, impatience, envy, jealousy, unkindness, self-pity. All these ultimately leads to hatred when uncontrolled. Hatred, the ultimate tool to destroy relationships, create enemies and cause the most devastating wars in the history of mankind. What is man's answer to all these? The natural reaction to hatred is hatred. The catalyst of all war. People with good hearts/intentions try to hide their hatred under their skin and put on a mask outside, pretending to be okay. People without good hearts/intentions answer with outright hatred, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

The rest of 1 Corinthians 13 says this:


"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."


Love is all we need. If we have love, there will be no selfishness, self-righteousness, pride, deceit, impatience, envy, jealousy, unkindness, self-pity. Love conquers all. It was God's love for us that compelled Him to give us His Son, who gave His life for our sins. It is love that gives peace, joy, hope, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Like verse 13 says, the love is the greatest. My purpose in life is to love. What's yours?

0 thoughts:

My Instagram